Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2004, 10:39 PM   #1
netfish

Question Maxonline Payment Question

Anyone received the check for February?
netfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:43 PM   #2
studcent

Nope. They are annoyingly late.
studcent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:04 PM   #3
Decius
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Got an e-mail from them about being slightly delayed on payments.

Anyone else having problems squeezing out those paid ads? How do you regulate how many impressions you give them?

Is there a way to automate it so if there is a PSA you move to another advertiser or do you always have to guestimate it?
Decius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 03:00 PM   #4
jnestor

You can setup defaults so you won't serve PSA but MaxOnline charges for running your default.

Overall with their below average rates, poor fill ratio and charging for defaults, there's no reason to use MaxOnline unless you can't get into better networks like Burst, FastClick, etc. Heck even FocusIn and BudsInc are better than MaxOnline.
jnestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:15 PM   #5
fireklown

The one site I was still using Max on I dropped a short while ago for focusin, and am making more then double what I was with Max
fireklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 06:19 AM   #6
nick1977

Default Great News ????

Just heard from my account manager that they are merging with Ask Jeeves, hence the delay in this month's payments.

nick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 04:33 PM   #7
CPMNewbie

Oh, that should be a good merger. They promised me more than what I was making for the last few months. With all of their fees, I was making more with Bannerspace. Hence, I dropped them. I honestly do not know how big sites with tens of millions of impressions deal with them. We served about 2.2 million impressions so far, and with all of the fees being taken out, we only made a few hundred bucks.

Very strange.
CPMNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote