Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2003, 10:13 AM   #76
Czar

Webmaster

If the site you submitted was HardWaves.com, then the rejection was likely because Google's review staff couldn't access the site. Presently, it's throwing up "Directory Listing Denied" errors, which suggests that you haven't set your default page correctly.

If this wasn't the site, then feel free to post your URL here for peer review.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 10:27 AM   #77
YongF

Yet, we are having some hardware problem with site right now.

But the site we submit is not this one, but a car review site.

Is it allowed here to post the url of the site for review? I don't have a very clear idea about that.

Czar, maybe I should PM you for a more detailed discusssion.
YongF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 10:37 AM   #78
Czar

Webmaster

As long as your site conforms to our own terms (ie no scumware, no adults-only content, etc), you may post its URL in this thread for the members to review.

If you'd rather keep things private, or if you have concerns as to whether the site complies to our rules, feel free to PM the URL to myself and I'll see if anything strikes me as concerning from an affiliate manager's perspective.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 10:45 AM   #79
YongF

Sure, would PM you soon.

What's more, the site is definitely not an audlt or other prohibited content based site.
YongF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 10:33 PM   #80
batcavenet
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Default Google

I got in - and it's been great

It's very inconsistent! One day 30 clicks and be 50 dollars and the next day 2 dollars - would be nice to see what was clicked and how much - but overall - what other program can give you this kind of return??

JDT
batcavenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:13 AM   #81
The Dude

What's the deal with Adsense and IFrames? I just tried running adsense ads in an iframe and it actually worked, which I thought it didn't. Did they change the code or something?
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:17 PM   #82
ezGoo!

you are now allowed to rin google's ads in a frame, i was thinking about that but i read their TOS...
ezGoo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:40 PM   #83
Sashman

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dude
What's the deal with Adsense and IFrames? I just tried running adsense ads in an iframe and it actually worked, which I thought it didn't. Did they change the code or something?
On unknown pages, they appear to be sending ads that usually appear as that site's ads. I'm pretty sure they key off the domain name.

You cannot have the ad in an html page without content, however.
Sashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 06:56 AM   #84
The Dude

The ads were perfectly targeted to the specific page, not just globally my subject field. I don't see the blank page rule in the rules anymore. This is what it says about placement:

Only one ad unit may be placed on each web page.
Ads must not be displayed on any domain parking websites, pop-ups, pop-unders, error, registration, or "thank you " pages, search results pages, or in any email.
Ads may not be placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads, whether or not the page content is relevant.
Elements on a page must not obscure any portion of the ads, and the ad colors must be such that the ad text and URL are visible.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote