Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2000, 12:22 AM   #1
denasio

Unhappy ClickQuick.com's reviews not regularly updated!

I won't sign up for an ad network unless they are reviewed by ClickQuick.com. I don't know if this is a good policy, but I've had some bad experience with some companies in the past and I don't want that to happen again.

But it looks like the ad network reviews are not updated regularly by ClickQuick.com. For instance FastClick.com, I've read a lot about it in this board, but I can't find it's review anywhere on ClickQuick.com!

My question is, do you guys know of another good site that also writes reviews for ad networks?
denasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2000, 12:41 AM   #2
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

Did you check at Ryan's sneak peak site which is still in development but appears to have tons of stuff at:
http://207.254.120.157/

HTH

------------------
Best Regards,
Steve_S
Your Administrator - Read the story of geek/talk
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2000, 11:46 PM   #3
Doc

Unhappy

*cough*

http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

I'll let you classify it as good or not...

------------------
ProfitsToGo.com - Insightful reviews of top webmaster programs.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2000, 01:30 PM   #4
JJameson
Member.

Unhappy

you know that ryan get his ratings from comments of vistors.. so I see some people that work for sponsors company just send e-mails with another e-mail address to ryan saying that this sponsor company is the best.. so I don't always trust what i see at clickquick.
JJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2000, 01:56 PM   #5
Steve_S

Unhappy

Hi Doc,

Could you please be specific in your thoughts http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif I'm sure this would help all of us.

Also, please consult item 6 in our Posting Guide for some examples. This link appears at the top and bottom of every page on our BB.

HTH

------------------
Best Regards,
Steve_S
Old 09-22-2000, 02:37 PM   #6
Doc

Unhappy

Steve,

I think you might have misunderstood me. Sorry I wasn't as clear as I thought. Denasio was asking about OTHER sites that review programs. My site ProfitsToGo does, so my *cough* was my way of saying "HEY...OVER HERE!"

And the disparaging comment about "I'll let you decide whether its good or not" was directed at my own site, not ClickQuick.

As a side note, I looked over the posting guide yesterday and liked what I saw. Its very clear, firm and yet not overbearing. I think the humor in the examples and explanations is great http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif.

------------------
ProfitsToGo.com - Insightful reviews of top webmaster programs.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2000, 02:47 PM   #7
fairhousing
Member.

Lightbulb

ur lossing out if u base ur decisions solely on quickclick. whether the reviews are updated regularly really doesn't matter. i hear the site makes a killing in referral income.

------------------
Top Game Sites!
Click 4 tested resources for making $$$, hosting, and web promotion.
My Site Got Hacked, But I'm Coming Back?
fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2000, 02:56 PM   #8
Steve_S

Thumbs up

Doc,

Thanks very much. I understand and appreciate very much your thoughts and input. That document was tons of work by all of us. Worth it I think. Not perfect but neither am I http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Sometimes, it's really challenging for my tired old eyes to figure out exactly what the heck a member is trying to say. I dream of a day when each post lets all of us view the member in video or if they have pprivacy concerns some kinda 3d thing that has body language, semantics, cultural slang, and all the rest of this stuff built in.

My appolagies to all for going just a tad off topic. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif I'm going to drink some decaf

------------------
Best Regards,
Steve_S
Old 09-22-2000, 04:04 PM   #9
Ryan Adams

Unhappy

Hi, yes, the reviews for quite some time were not being updated as I made a move from Michigan to California, started a new job, etc.

However, with the new site coming along, all the reviews have been updated, and I have expanded many of them with comments received from ClickQuick visitors over the last few years. These you will probably find to be very valuable, as they are from webmasters such as your self.

As for the comment that it would be possible for a program itself to email me with good comments, or a competitor of a program to email me with bad comments, I will admit that is a possibility.

That is why I have always tried to verify to the best of my ability the accuracy of the comments I receive. This can be quite time consuming in some cases, but is worth it in the end to make sure the content on ClickQuick is as accurate as possible. After doing this for the last 2 years, I think I am now pretty good in identifying honest, helpful feedback versus comments designed to raise up a program or destroy it.

Like anything of course, I would never consider ClickQuick to be the end all, be all resource for webmasters and affiliates. There are a lot of great sites out there, and I encourage you to use many of them, just as you use this forum, and hopefully the ClickQuick site, regularly. There is one truth on the Internet in regards to trying to make money as a webmaster: you can never have too much information on what programs work or don't work.

As always, feel free to send me comments on the new site, and any of the programs you have used. It would be most appreciated.

------------------
Ryan Adams
Check out the NEW ClickQuick.com:
http://207.254.120.157/

[This message has been edited by Ryan Adams (edited 09-22-2000).]
Ryan Adams is offline   Reply With Quote