Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #1
Worthen
Pending Review

Default Google Adsense Text Links compared to Regular Adsense

Has anyone tried the Google Adsense Text Link ads ...

... or do you know how well they compare to regular Adsense?

Remember, G Text Links are the ads that the user is taken to a search results page and then must make a second click before the publisher earns revenue.

It's difficult to see how these ads would perform well since there is a second click required, but then it seems like maybe I did hear some positive reports.

Worthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 04:43 PM   #2
Alex|Canep Media
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

they can sometimes be blended in with the site and when a visitor click son it he is taken to a list of sites, since theres a list and not just one he is more likely to find something he is interested in and click again. But then again if he doesent you get zilch.

Some people generate good money through text links while others do not. Test it out with your traffic and report back with your findings.
Alex|Canep Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
JFS

for me it generates about 7x the money then the other ads and they aren't blend on the layout
JFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:27 PM   #4
Worthen
Pending Review

Thanks JFS,

you have been very helpful
Old 06-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #5
gophergas

I'm confused... is this a new Adsense format that you guys are referring to? If it's generating 7X what normal Adsense ads are doing, I want to know more!
gophergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:07 AM   #6
Worthen
Pending Review

scroll down here https://www.google.com/adsense/adfor...ox&medium=link to "link units"
when a user clicks he is taken to a search results page and must click again before you make money
Old 06-02-2006, 01:11 PM   #7
gophergas

so... are we saying that these link units are actually more effective than standard Google ads? I'm certainly willing to give them a try if people here are finding that to be the case.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #8
JFS

i didn't say they where generating 7x more... i said for me it's given 7x more then the other ads (from adsense).
that of course can change site to site
JFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #9
gophergas

JFS, I'm sorry --- I'm getting a little confused here. I thought you were saying that the Google text link ads were generating 7X the money that normal Adsense ads were generating. Is that not the case?
Old 06-05-2006, 09:10 AM   #10
Bondings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophergas
JFS, I'm sorry --- I'm getting a little confused here. I thought you were saying that the Google text link ads were generating 7X the money that normal Adsense ads were generating. Is that not the case?
He meant that on one of his pages/websites, the ad links generate up to 7 times more revenue than the normal google ads.

But this really depends so much on the page, placement and colours, that you can hardly compare it to other websites. You might get 10 times more (or 10 times less) revenue from them on your own websites. But it's definately worth a try.

Last edited by Bondings; 06-05-2006 at 09:11 AM.
Bondings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:12 AM   #11
Alex|Canep Media
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Each website reacts to Googel Adsnese in a different way, you will no know how teh text links compare to other ad types untill you test them out and compare revenue.
Alex|Canep Media is offline   Reply With Quote