Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2001, 02:18 AM   #1
WildComputer

Unhappy Domain transfer question

I am trying to transfer a domain name from InternetNamesWWW to 000domains.

I did the transfer form on Saturday, and paid.

The e-mail went to me as the purchaser, and also said they coped a mail to admin contact for approval.

The admin contact confirmed he got the transfer request on Saturday, and okayed it.

So what is the best case, worst case, and realistic case to be completed.

Also does anybody know if 000 domains will send me another e-mail when the transfer is complete - I am desparate to get in their and edit the name servers..

------------------[*]Create Your Own High Profit E-Books[*]Drive thousands of visitors to your web site cheap'n'easy[*]Affiliate Programs reviewed
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 03:21 AM   #2
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

give it 24 - 72 hrs max and all should be well http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

and thanks the ebookcompiler 4.01 is great http://geekvillage.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------[*]Australian Neon Genesis Evangelion[*]film - writers - reviewers - reporters - designers[*]FanBuy.com indevelopment[*]PHP, MySQL, vBulletin, hosting and server admin info, tips & tidbits
singloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 01:54 PM   #3
patrickw

Unhappy

Domain transfers generally take about one week.

Has the losing registrar approved the transfer yet? I've noticed that registrars don't get in too big of a hurry to transfer domains AWAY from their system. When it comes to losing customers, it's not a high priority.

000domains will be able to tell you the current status of a domain transfer if you email them. For instance, here's the status on a domain that was transferred to me today:

Transfer Information:
Transfer Status: Pending Owner Approval
Owner Request Date: 1:53 pm Apr 2, 2001
Owner Confirmation Date: N/A
Registry Request Date: N/A

Once the losing registrar approves the transfer, OpenSRS will (usually) have everything done within a day or two.

You *should* get an email from 000domains.com when the transfer is complete. I always send out a thank you email once the transfer process is done.

Since you asked for "best case, worst case," I'll say that the AVERAGE domain transfer takes about 7 days (including weekends). They can take up to two weeks, and the best case would be about three days.

Hope this helps answer your questions.....

------------------
Patrick Weatherford
www.BottomDollarDomains.com
$12 Domain Registration - Powered by OpenSRS
patrickw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 04:56 PM   #4
WildComputer

Unhappy

Thanks, that helps

I'm still waiting, but I guess it's only 2 days so far.

I'll let you know if anything goes wrong, or when it's done so you can a feel for how long this took me.

FWIW if you have a UK hosting a/c, and registered through your host, it does seem a lot UK companies were using InternetWW (I've ran across them a few times, but haven't yet transfered out), so you may see this issue too
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote