Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2001, 08:10 PM   #1
singtel22

Question How long does Namezero take to transfer ownership?

I paid and upgraded my free domain name to a paid service on 7 November 2000. They said the whois info would show my name in 6-8 weeks but till date the whois record still shows that it belongs to namezero. Which means I cannot transfer it to another registrar.

Their email support is NON-EXISTANT, I tried 4 times and even tried their legal support -- all to no avail. It's really gonna be a nightmare for me as our company has 14 free domain names hosted by namezero and now even the one which we upgraded since 7 Nov 00 has not shown our name!

Anyone here have similar experience? How long does it take for you guys? Anyway knows what namezero's number is? Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks.
singtel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 06:16 AM   #2
funpage

Unhappy

It took around 5-6 months for me, I requested a change back in June and didn't think they would transfer, but they did... Transfers were only $14.95 back then and they added a year onto the period of time that the domain was registered for. I don't know if they have improved the time it takes to transfer recently, so I am uncertain about the time it will take for it to transfer now.

------------------
Top 50 Cool Sites - Join us and increase your traffic.
Daily Spark! - Add daily content to your site
Web Puddle

[This message has been edited by funpage (edited 02-24-2001).]
funpage is offline   Reply With Quote