Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2004, 01:18 AM   #1
wsz

Default Amazon Directory - How?

I came accross http://www.medicine-book.com/ .

It appears to be entirely composed of Amazon material - basic listings, which link to a longer listings including a couple of reviews, and a "Buy From Amazon" button.

All the URLs appear to be static, although I am guessing that maybe they are dynamic and then rewritten somehow.

I tried their Search box, but it didn't work, so I don't know if it is possible to pull up off-topic results.

Also, I am curious as to whether this sort of thing is pulling on-the-fly listings directly from Amazon (so as to update automatically), or if the site owner has to do some kind of search and download.

Anybody know how they did this?
wsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:09 AM   #2
kams7ue

Those pages and links are being fetched in real time from amazon and are being displayed as static using ModRewrite.

Last edited by kams7ue; 06-27-2004 at 10:10 AM.
kams7ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 11:44 AM   #3
iisbum

Amazon provides an XML API to fetch in realtime items from different categories (or search results).

More information can be found here:
http://www.amazon.com/webservices

One of the other members here has a page that has a lot of Amazon products related scripts if you decide to not go via the XML route:
http://www.codeshq.com/webmasters/

Hope that helps,
Mubs
iisbum is offline   Reply With Quote