View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 09:56 AM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Default Re: too late

Quote:
Originally posted by coolbuddy
dude,Its nice idea but pretty late.
Now everybody is thinking of 2004-2005 fiscal numbers.
There's not a company on planet Earth who will be able to verify their 2004-2005 numbers for months, whereas we're right in the middle of reporting season for 2003-2004 fiscal in most major markets right now.

In fact, unless I'm mistaken, the US fiscal year ends September 30, which means that this post is being made a mere 22 days after the close of 2003-2004 fiscal. No meaningful numbers are likely to emerge before then so unless you're interested in working from projections, I don't know how this thread could be construed as late.

Admittedly, those based in Canada, India or Japan, for example, may have long closed the books on 2003-2004, but they're still nowhere near finalising next year results given that my calendar still says we're in 2004.

Am I missing something? Is it too confusing working from fiscal years rather than calendar?

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV

Last edited by Czar; 10-21-2004 at 10:09 AM.