View Single Post
Old 08-06-2001, 03:14 AM   #21
MrLeN

Default 1st Page

When I started learning HTML, I started in notepad. There is a funny reason why...

I knew absolutely NOTHING about design, and I didn't even know what HTML was, and I just thought thta all pages were made with notepad. I am not joking! I read somehere that all you have to do is save the file as .html and it will load as a web page.

All my coding was done this way, and I honestly learned from looking at the source of other peoples sites. I never bothered to look up tutorials. I just didn't think of it, but I eventually cottoned on *ROFLMO*

That was only 12 months ago.

About 6 months ago, I started looking at tutorials. I found out about tables and frames, and I was hooked

Four months ago, I found Arachnophelia. WOW! I thought... I was running around my chair! Look at this GREAT new technology! I am actually laughing now as I am typing.

That is when I started actually searching the net, and finding out about everything that I can get my hands on. I am very good with most aspects of basic design, and I am also hosting 4 ikonboards for FREE for members of my website. I just love to help people

Now I use 1stPage and I have never ever used a WYSIWYG. I have downloaded them, but I just deleted them after fiddling for 1/2 an hour or so. It is SO annoying when you can just load 1st page and start writing HTML right off the top of your head.

I usually cut and past code that I have written, from previous pages that I have made. This saves heaps of time. I really like to start with a fresh clean page, and create my sites keystroke by keystroke. I enjoy it very much. Once I get one complete page, the others just need to be adjusted, because I use the first one as a template.

1stPage also has many options. I am able to click once, and a good table layout is set. I just add all the cellspacing, heights widths etc... and it has some great javascripts, and even CGI scripts.

I would recommend 1stPage for ANYONE, even people that started HTML yesterday afternooon. I would also recommend it to an professional web designer.

It also runs pretty well on my ancient 150MHZ that I have grown out of BIGTIME! It was fine for what I was doing with it 12 months ago...

IRC and a strategy game by Sid Meier, called Civilization!

(Is anyone waiting for Civ III) !!!???

I still love IRC, I host a chatroom on bigpond from my site.

If anyone has mIRC, maybe you wanna say hi?

The details are:
irc.bigpond.com
port 6667
and go to #computers.ez0ne

MrLeN

Last edited by MrLeN; 08-06-2001 at 03:19 AM.