PDA

View Full Version : online payment - low fees

KLCC
06-20-2007, 03:14 AM
which one would you select to run micro transactions with?

i was comparing paypal, 2checkout and moneybookers

paypal: $0.30 fixed + 2.5-3.9% (depending on the country)

moneybookers: it says 8% but thats not true i guess. they emailed me and said there is also a fixed part.

2checkout - way to expensive.

--------------------------------
so what would you select if you need to charge your users $1 or $2? all these eat a big portion of your dollar. you can see that even paypal which is the best, you loose 30% with fixed part immediately. :idea:

Alex|Canep Media
06-29-2007, 04:28 PM
PayPal offers support for Micropayments to merchants for US to US, GB to GB, AU to AU, and EU to EU transactions for Business and Premier accounts. This feature is offered at a special rate of 5% + $0.05 per transaction.
With the PayPal Micropayments service you would be paying only 10% of a $1 transaction and 7.5% of a $2 transaction.

KLCC
06-29-2007, 04:40 PM
i didnt know they offer micropayment service. great news, thanks.

but... i tried to follow sign up link and there is nothing about micropayments. how do i know which option to select when signing up for micropayment system?

Alex|Canep Media
06-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Go to http://www.paypal.com/activate_micropayments_5pct_plus_5cents_new_accoun t_pricing and select website payment standard as the product. You will be lead to a page that shows detailed instructions on how to procede.

s.herzig
06-30-2007, 02:32 AM
I would stay away from Moneybookers - ever since they were taken over, my account was temporarily disabled for all outgoing transactions, and even after sending my photo id and telephone bill, they still refused to open it again, wanted all kinds of other stuff. Note that I have a personal account with them, with under 30 euros on it lol. Their telephone support was also unable to answer any questions, partly because they couldn't speak much english, although they are based in London... which reminds me: why was the badly photocopied letter with the address verification code stamped in budapest?

I have read lots of complaints about them and I wouldn't even normally write this, but this issue has been going on since more than 4 months now.

brotherZ
07-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I would recommend using Google Checkout especially if you are using Adwords.
What you pay for Adwords can help you avoid paying any fees at all with Google Checkout.
Other than Google Checkout, Paypal offers the lowest fees.
You can only try to get a merchant account and process online transactions through Authorize.net. The fees are also very cheap.

Click Here!