PDA

View Full Version : Starting out with CPA - Much harder than I imagined

CPMNewbie
10-16-2004, 02:19 AM
I must say, I find it hard to actually have some products move via CPA. It seems that all the weight is placed on the publisher and not the advertiser (kinda the reverse of CPM). How do some of you market your affiliate programs? I find Adwords & Overture pretty expensive, and it seems that you can actually go over the amount of money you'll receive from the sale. Any pointers???

Czar
10-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Target, target and target.

CPA is all about reaching the right audience with the right message, through the right media at the right time and with the right frequency. Whether you approach this through paid search, mini sites, product profiles or advertising rotations, be sure to target ads to groups that are motivated to purchase/register.

This may sound simplistic but it really does get to the heart of why some online marketers struggle with CPA programs, particularly when they are paying for traffic on a CPC or CPM basis to drive towards these offers. Certainly, you do assume greater risk in the transaction when dealing with this payment model, but the rewards can be impressive.

Click Here!