PDA

View Full Version : Happy Bday GV - 5 years old

Steve_S
07-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Howdy,

On 8/27/03 we will celebrate our 5 year anniversary.

On 8/27/98 geek/talk launched with UBB F3a 5.09 (I found the data and install :) ) on a currently neglected domain of very - cool -- stuff. com

Sometimes it seems like only yesterday and other times I think it was 30 years ago. :)

Happy Bday to all of you and thanks for the wild ride :)

Rhea
07-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Hee-hee, I'm first! :cool:

Happy b'day GV, and congrats Steve on putting up with us for five years. ;)

The announcement's a tad early but that gives us plenty of time to come up with virtual b'day presents. Would you like some nice pig avatars, perhaps? :D

Jarusa
07-09-2003, 07:25 PM
Yes, an early congratulations to Steve and all the moderators. Geekvillage has been my primary source of knowledge on many aspects of running a successful website.

Steve, even though you describe it as a wild ride according to your picture you have not aged a bit ;)

Czar
07-09-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Jarusa
Steve, even though you describe it as a wild ride according to your picture you have not aged a bitHe was 16 when he founded the Village. ;) Can't blame the change entirely on the stress we produce, though. Steve's been living in internet time since then. :D

Congratulations to all for making the Village what it is today.
:dance: :dance:

Jan
07-09-2003, 11:37 PM
Five years is a feat which probably wouldn't have been achieved if Steve hadn't maintained his high standards over time. For that I thank him :heart:

Congratulations to everyone for making this place what it is today and happy birthday Geek Village :)

:bigclap:

funtoon
07-10-2003, 09:19 AM
Wow......... Happy Birthday GV, and best of luck Steve and all the team for there great work.

I make it a point ot visit GV every 3-4 days, the knowledge you gain here is just great ......... :angel:

cyburrr
07-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Happy Birthday! Don't you have a Paypal donate button or sumthin'? I'd love nothing more than to send you a wee 'gift' (and surely I can't be the only one). You just can't put a price on the knowledge I've gained here. Thank you.

Kathy
07-10-2003, 12:48 PM
Happy Birthday GV and thanks for the ride, Uncle Stevie. :D

My site's 5 year birthday is coming up soon too!

:clap:

I hope the next 5 years at GV are just as wonderful as the last. :D

photocartoonist
07-11-2003, 12:34 AM
Happy Birthday Geek Village!

I hope to be able to catch up with your first 5 years over the next five years!:)

Kat

Steve_S
07-11-2003, 02:09 PM
<begin_tissue>

This is very hard to communicate via the keyboard but it's always been about "YOU" and for the most part, a pleasure and unique experience. :)

The folks around me, which includes all of you, are smarter than me and permit me to lead. That's the essence of what great long standing Communities are all about :)

You built it, you maintain it, and I'm just along for the ride. Yep, a few "bad hair days" are part of the experience along with an occasional mistake by yours truly.

Have a great Bday and don't eat to much cake.

</end_tissue>

:angel:

Furton
07-15-2003, 02:45 PM
Happy BDay to this site, thanks steve for keeping this place a quality forum:D

Click Here!