PDA

View Full Version : banner advert question

theinternetking
06-11-2003, 07:37 PM
I got an email from someone who wants to advertise by putting a banner on my website. The banner size is 43.1 kb. Do you think that this would be too much time to load for every visitor?

heres the banner
http://www.the-console-corner.com/images/60x460.gif

PaulT
06-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Depends on what he's offering for you to host it. To be honest it will cache on a lot of user's PC's, so you shouldnt have too much of a problem.

masm50
06-12-2003, 08:09 AM
I would say anything over 25kb is really abit too high for an ad banner if your users use modems not broadband.

Is he hosting the banner?
As depending on the number of impressions he bought, it might cost $$$ for bandwidth

I would ask him if you could customize the banner a bit.
From what it looks like, if you simply removed the part of the animation where that bar moves over the ad to reveal the shops name, then you could save a lot of kb.

Also depening on which pages the ad is on, if it is a links page or something, then the ad won't even load, so you wouldn't get an impression.

Just my 2p

Tim:angel:

john926
11-22-2003, 10:58 PM
The banner size is to large! It should be under 20kb.

BroadBand is here, but not everyone has it around the world yet. The size of that banner will just slow down the speed of your sites loading, which is likely to result in a loss of visitors for yourself.

Click Here!