PDA

View Full Version : DNS Changing

BobDoleX
06-02-2003, 06:01 PM
Ok, i've been having some trouble with hosts lately. First, my paid one dropped me, and then i changed to a friends server. The paid host offered to change the dns by themselves, so it didn't cost anything. Then, my current host is having some troubles, and i migth have to move. I'm wondering how i can move my current domain to another one without paying money?

fgraph
06-02-2003, 08:41 PM
i think that largely depends on your registrar-- for some (maybe even all) have a log-in through which you can handle things like DNS changing and contact/billing information.

BobDoleX
06-02-2003, 09:08 PM
well the thing is, i got the domain when i bought the hosting package from the first host. The hosts name is Hostonce, if anybody's familar with it. Anyway, should they handle the domain transfer?

Jan
06-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Your domain is still controlled by hostonce (who have had a very shaky reputation for a very long time).

Domain Name: TSR-CORP.COM

Administrative Contact:
hostonce.com domains@hostonce.com
PO Box 728
Oakleigh, Vic 3166
Australia
Fax- 95440460

Good luck getting it transferred. :(

BobDoleX
06-04-2003, 06:58 PM
well they did transfer it once, and i'm hoping they might be able to again...

Czar
06-04-2003, 09:13 PM
The most important thing for you to request is that they change the admin contact details to your own data. This way, you'll never have to work through them to make DNS changes in the future, and you can transfer the name away to your registrar of choice.

AxisHost
06-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Jan
Your domain is still controlled by hostonce (who have had a very shaky reputation for a very long time).

Domain Name: TSR-CORP.COM

Administrative Contact:
hostonce.com domains@hostonce.com
PO Box 728
Oakleigh, Vic 3166
Australia
Fax- 95440460

Good luck getting it transferred. :(

Great point! But I got somewhere with them a few months back! I had a client with issues with hostonce and we resolved them by making a call. Yes the call was international but well worth helping someone get out from under the evil claws of hostonce.

Word to all hosting companies, when you have a client who leave you for a better hosting company, spend the time bettering your business to keep your clients not on ruining someone elses dreams on having a website.

~steps down off my soapbox~
~picks it up~
~walks into the sunset~

AJC

Click Here!