PDA

View Full Version : CJ Stats: 372,259 impr/7,498 clicks/4.5$ revene

tristram1
02-27-2003, 12:18 PM
I mean is this normal?

tristram1
02-27-2003, 12:23 PM
Oops, sorry, hit the enter and the post went on...

Anyway, do you think it's normal to have these miserable stats? They are my figures at CJ for the last 14 months.

Am I being cheated by advertisers? During these months I've run ads from various (4 or 5) merchants.

Those 4.5$ revenues come from 2 sales.

What do you think?

tr.

Rhea
02-27-2003, 01:41 PM
It's hard to comment on why your sales are so low relative to your click-throughs for a number of reasons. We don't know:

Which merchants you're working with.
How you're getting your click-throughs. (Obviously if you're blind-linking or redirecting you would expect a much lower sales rate.)

If you're concerned that you're being cheated then why not try some different merchants? Look at each merchant's web site. Do they prominently display an 800 phone number on each page? (That's not a good sign.) Check the merchant's profile. Do they have a high return rate? Zero cookie days? These are important things to pay attention to.

I have about 400k impressions per month with a 2.5% clickthrough and my sales have been nice...although not spectacular by any means. However I spend a lot of time looking for product links that fit with the content on my sites. I suspect that most CJ affiliates who are successful work the program very hard.

Good luck!

funtoon
02-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Hi tristram1 as Rhea said in the earlier post, it depends a lot on the offer you are promoting and the type of site you have.

For example for my humor portal CJ offers hardly work, but for my technical sites, with 90% less traffic than my humor sites, I do get a sale or two every month.

actualaffiliate
03-03-2003, 10:47 AM
Hey Tristam1,

This is definitely not normal! With a click amount of almost 7500 and a conversion of 2 sales that's way below average. You should at least earn a commission of a couple of hundreds of dollars a year with these figures, no matter what your web site is about.

As far as the cheating part is concerned, CJ is quite reliable. You should check the reverse ratio of the merchant you are promoting. This ratio indicates how many transactions are not accepted by the merchant. This is the most easy way to check if the merchant is a **** or not.

If you should have any questions, feel free to post them on the board.

Sashman
03-06-2003, 01:28 PM
I've had the same experience with CJ / other CPA affiliates programs. I tried leadcrunch early on and was showing 5000+ click throughs for two simple 50c cpa registration programs, yet never saw any actual revenue. I tried both registrations out myself and had a few friends try them out as well to make sure they were counting. Sure enough, the 10 registrations with valid emails / information did not count.

I later learned that on one of the registrations in order to get counted you needed to fill out a separate form which was very difficult to locate. It also was not described under the terms.

Before you use a CPA try it out yourself before you use it. Make sure it counts and that the CPA "completion" process is straight forward. With CPA you really need to know what is going on with the program, otherwise you're going to get abused.

You might want to try Amazon over the other CPA programs.

Timo
03-06-2003, 06:35 PM
CJ Stats: 372,259 impr/7,498 clicks/4.5$ revenue

That is extremely low, but understandable if you were using ad banners rather than product links. Scumware that redirects commissions may also be playing part.

All depends on your site too. Drop us a link and we can have a look for you.

JakeJeck
03-31-2003, 12:35 AM
Period Today
Commission earned $5.25
Sales 5
Leads 1
Clicks 40
EPC $13.12

So yeah I would say those stats are pretty bad. I don't have impression numbers because I use the eBay Editor Kit (which is javascript), but I would guess around 3,000 or so per day.

I'm sure there's an eBay category related to your content? Check out the eBay Editor Kit if so, it works wonders!

And the best part it is I have mine set up so it leads to many of my own auctions - so I get a commission from CJ/eBay and a sale for myself.

wsz
03-31-2003, 03:43 AM
Your member profile doesn't have your URL, so we cannot see what specific site issues you have.

NEVER rely on just regular graphic banners for CPA programs (like those from CJ.) I use them, but only as a last resort, and VERY targeted to the content of the particular site.

Without seeing your site, I can only suggest some basic rules:

1. Get a clear idea in your own mind of what your site is about. Make this as narrow and specific as possible. It is best to do this before you even start work on the site, but can be clarified later. But it is a MUST.

2. Join as many networks as will accept you. CPA/Affiliate networks are the most liberal.

3. Carefully select specific merchants that clearly and directly match your site's content and audience.

4. While placing (and, preferably, rotating) regular banners, it is VERY important to make TEXT links to those sponsors. Don't just say, "Click Here For A Good Deal," or something simplistic like that. Tell the visitors where they should go, and why. Make some text (or CONtext, e.g. as part of an article, review, etc), about why they should click that link. Not just another boring, flashing, 468x60 banner.

5. Make lots and lots of clearly focused text content about your particular subject (see Item 1.) This will hopefully attract traffic that wants info (and maybe ads) about that specific topic.

Jerry2003
04-01-2003, 03:01 PM
I gave up CJ.com a couple months ago ,Because I found some merchants site have not put the verified Link on the page.

I try to buy a paint with my link , BUt no sales.

:mad:

funtoon
04-01-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Jerry2003
I gave up CJ.com a couple months ago ,Because I found some merchants site have not put the verified Link on the page.
:mad:

This sounds dumb, I have been using CJ for a long time can anybody tell me what is a verified link and where can I find info about it for a particular merchant :confused:

Profitman
04-03-2003, 03:40 PM
The first thing you need to do is find out what has to happen for your commission to be paid. If the landing page you're directing your traffic to doesn't place enough emphasis (preferrable ALL of the attention) on the desired conversion, you'll never see a dime.

Imagine that the affiliate program pays only for a 1-Year subscription but offers 3 and 6 month programs that don't pay the affiliate at all. If the 3 and 6 month subscriptions are more heavily promoted on the landing page then you will rarely see a conversion.

Also, entrance pop-ups, diversionary links to other products or locations in the site, 800 numbers and anything else that lets the advertiser make money off of your traffic without compensating you, is the easiest way to ensure that you won't make any money. Check out your landing pages...if it's not clearly promoting the product you are being paid for, how will you get paid?

Affiliate marketing should be about accountability and sending qualified consumers. You should be compensated for any action that proves the worth of the traffic you have provided. Even if the advertiser only generates a signup for their newsletter, you've done your job. It's understandable that every company cannot afford to pay you for every action that takes place on their site, but if that's the case, then they shouldn't expect you to market those actions.

Click Here!