PDA

View Full Version : Selling games

bbb
02-01-2003, 01:01 PM
I would like to make page that sells games.But i dont want to sell games for all the platforms.For what platform should i sell ,PC,PS2,X-box or something else??

Thanks

Nintendo
02-01-2003, 02:07 PM
NES, Geneses, Game Gear, Virtual Boy, Saturn, Atari. :D:D:D *Gulp* I got some competition!!! :D:D:D A new system, of course!!!! :D Go PC and you will never have to worry about the system dying, the X-Box, Playstation, and Game Cube will be dying in about three years. psst, try to stay away from Google, it's not good to be listed with them. :D:D:D

bbb
02-02-2003, 11:23 AM
The Idea was inspired by your 3,645$ per quarter

Could you suggest me a domain:
wprice.com
spyprice.com
cprices.com
natebuy.com

david11982
02-02-2003, 03:46 PM
You should listen to Nintendo. He did the opposite of what he said in his post, and now he's just getting by, making a few thousand dollars per quarter.

hobbnet
02-03-2003, 02:29 AM
If you are looking for quick search engine traffic...

- Develop some keywords/phrases you'd like your site to turn up on when people search for you

- Purchase a domain name with one of your keywords/phrases in it (ex: www.your-keyword-phrases.com or www.yourkeywordphrases.com)

- get links!

If you are looking for more long term, word-of-mouth traffic...

- go for the easier to remember domains like the ones you listed

- develop keywords/phrases

- get links with the keywords you developed in the alt text

HTH

p.s. And you can always buy targetted clicks on the various PPC engines if the ROI is there. :)

Nintendo
02-03-2003, 10:04 AM
http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

Look for top keywords that don't have it's own domain. For video games for example at Google, on the first poage, listings 2, 6, 7, and 8 have video games in the domain name. Not doing that is what I did wrong last time I got my newest batch of new domains.

Then try not to take my visitors away. :D:D:D:D

BTW, it's not just video games that made that big fat check, also trying to get orders from books, moviews, music, tools, toys.... I havn't got to cloths yet, try to sell cloths, there the newest hot seller at amazon. :D:D:D:D:D

qball0213
02-03-2003, 05:05 PM
What hobbnet said, and don't start with amazon, sign up at CJ and get some merchants that pay a real commission. Lather rinse repeat.

bbb
02-04-2003, 06:09 AM
Im looking more like a long term site.

Just tell me what would you chose:

natebuy.com
spyprice.com
bottomdeal.com
insidedealer.com
24HourDealer.com

hobbnet
02-04-2003, 02:36 PM
I like insidedealer the best