PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor Advise

Mark Wegener
05-01-2002, 06:59 AM
Hi,

I'm the webmaster of www.music-madness.net, and i don't have any good sponsors.

Could you give me some advise for a good banner/popup sponsor.

Thanks,
- Mark

05-01-2002, 09:10 AM
Not a banner nor popup (you already seem to have a lot of those), but have you considered Emusic's affiliate program?

Mark Wegener
05-01-2002, 09:33 AM
The banners/popups that i currently use aren't working verry well. So i'm looking for some new ones.

Gonna check Emusic out, thanks.

FunPortal
05-01-2002, 10:24 AM
Hello, You might want to refer back to the earlier post here "15,000 daily unique visitors but no money--HELP!" he is in a similiar sitaution.

With making money there are different types of sites that vary wildly. What i mean by that is sure there are some sites that have tons of traffic and print money like a mint, Then there are sites that would be good money makers if they had more traffic, Then there is another catagory sites that really need to generate huge traffic numbers (mp3z, romz, babe sites) to just make some money. There would be a lot of trial and error with who sponsors you.

But, you can maybe take a look at some of those "paid napster relacements" i don't know of too many but i think clubpie is one. Make sure they are a reputable company.

JP Sauve
05-01-2002, 10:53 AM
Mark, if you don't already do so, require your surfers to give them email address and sign up for your newsletter because they can use the services of your site.

While many will give a bad email address, some will give you a real one. Send them site updates that include text ads. Text ads far outpull clicks than banners.

Simply finding new banner and pop up sponsors won't be a solution as the rates are really just too low.

Lets say you get a surfer to visit your site and sees a pop up. You might earn $2 CPM, or 0.2 cents for that view. He might see a few banners, maybe a couple pop unders... you're lucky to make a cent.

Now let's say you collected that email address instead. That same surfer can earn you at least 5 cents from a newsletter, and that's assuming he's a very "used" surfer getting tons of other newsletters. That income is closer to $0.50 - $1 if he's a newbie.

By the way, I just went to check out your site and was attacked with pop ups that spawn pop ups and just left before I explored your site. Your surfers are probably doing the same.

Mark Wegener
05-01-2002, 06:48 PM
Thanks Guys for the help.

I appreciate it.

- Mark

Click Here!