PDA

View Full Version : Bay9.com

BigGeek
03-30-2002, 07:37 AM
Hi Guys -

I dont know if im in a right place here but seeing as its about conversions and I saw many threads here about Overture, I thought this might be the best place.

Do any of you advertise with Bay9.com ?

I've got over 3000 listings with them, and until about a month ago I was generating 100 clicks a day. The problem is that last month all the traffic stopped and Bay9.com have been asking people to boost their minimum bids to $0.05 in order to reach the partnership listings. I checked today and yesterday and there was not a single click.

Secondly, I have almost $1500 left in my bay9 account and I was wondering if there is any kind of recourse that can be taken? Im feeling very down about this as 100 hits was bareable even if it would have taken almost 5 yrs to deplete my cash on account with my $0.01 bids. Now im getting nothing - even when i did boost some of my bids over $0.05.

Also there was an incident a few months ago with one listing which depleted over $120 from the account and looked like a very blatant kind of click fraud. The highest clicking search term we had was generating 6 clicks a day. The fraudulent search term generated over 1000 a day.

I wrote emails to bay9 a number of times for both issues and I received no response from them on this. Is anyone in a similar position?

BG

Nintendo
03-30-2002, 12:39 PM
Here's a tip: Don't put so much money in to one PPC search engine. With them $100.00 is way more than enough to last a long time unless your doing huge bids on a billion keywords.

Guava
03-30-2002, 03:25 PM
You should be able to contact them for a refund of your remaining funds. Try calling instead of e-mailing.

Check out this URL for lots of phone numbers and direct e-mail addresses
http://www.bay9.com/sitemap-contacts/contactus.htm

mikegaultier
04-01-2002, 10:51 AM
you are out of luck....

I had very serious problems with bay9.com and it was almost impossible to recover money they owe me. It seems they are going down , read what other people said on alexa.com about their domain name. Seems it is not the first time they ***** anybody.

I advise everybody to stay away from them as affiliate or webmaster to their search partnership as they are big scum.

Good luck.

Mike.

Click Here!