PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour At Advertising.com

BigGeek
03-17-2002, 07:41 PM
Hi guys -

Anyone else out there kind of bewildered about Advertising.com and they're methodologies?

Ive been following the rise and fall of their network and, apart from the the incredibly low cpm rates it still amazes me that advertisers are willing to trust this network with their cash in hand, especially following their new guidelines.

Incidently isnt auto-refresh on banners prohibited? I got reprimanded for using it on my site and yet when i complained to them on 4 separate occasions they completely ignored when i showed them the 60 second refresh on the advertising.com banners on these sites:

http://www.topchatsites.com
http://www.chat-rooms.com
http://www.teenchatroom.com

anyone here can clear this up pls explain

BG

yevlesh
03-17-2002, 09:54 PM
Considering that they pay nearly 0 CPM I am not sure it matters.

kid kool
03-17-2002, 10:42 PM
I haven't used them since they were teknosurf.com.

JP Sauve
03-17-2002, 11:59 PM
I use them, have been for at least a couple years now, and aside from their tech support I've always been very happy with them.

drbones
03-18-2002, 02:32 AM
I've forked over 380K page views so far this month to them and made $35
And this includes the two $10 days I had and one $7
They were doing very nicely at the beginning of the month.. probably averaging around 35 cent CPM on towers.. now its like 3-5 cents...
Last month it was 70 cents.. its sad :(
I'll probably pull around $50 with them this month with close to a million page views..
I hope gorillanation is getting me better rates than them..
Fortunately advertising.com just released a new type of banner.. 300x250... I threw one up on a page that gets about 15K page views a day.. we'll see how they do... hopefully at least 10 cents CPM
Thanks
Ryan

BigGeek
03-18-2002, 07:09 AM
They seem to be performing badly, has anyone ever compared the following networks:

Focusin.com
Advertising.com
AdOrigin.com

which of these three gives the best results?

BG

Gracklor
03-18-2002, 10:06 AM
I don't know much about AdOrigin, but in the spot tests I've done, Avertising.com--overall--has performed better than Focusin.

Of course, that's when you don't consider the days when I sent 10,000+ impressions to them, had 20-40 clicks, but made some insane amount like 4 cents.

drbones
03-18-2002, 12:18 PM
Gracklor:
Don't you love those days?
I think I sent 45K immpressions to them a few days ago for like 30-40 cents... <extreme sarcasm>I think I wet myself with joy</extreme sarcasm>
Ryan

Gracklor
03-20-2002, 05:56 PM
Yeah. I love those days. Now if only they'd come around *far* less often. :rolleyes:

jkcity
03-20-2002, 09:34 PM
I was removed from there network the other day for not sending enough traffic in a month :) its about the fifth time I have been removed for not sending enough traffic, not like I'm bothered I never use them and I don't think they are worth what ever there minimum is per a month to stay in.

Click Here!