PDA

View Full Version : Clicks and Leads Shaving done by some Ad Networks

ThornWithin
08-08-2001, 11:35 AM
What do you think, are they present?

My clicks are seemingly unproportional with the amount of traffic as far as many merchants are concerned, same goes for my leads.

Is this unfair way to survival of ad networks growing or should i not be afraid?

jokaroo
08-08-2001, 11:50 AM
It's unfortunate, but many ad networks that support CPC will shave many clicks admittingly. For example nn.advertisng.com will admit that they shave clicks up to about 20%, but what really gets me going is that is even a lie. We have done a bit of research in this area and have found that nn.advertising.com ended up shaving between 40-60% of the clicks we provided. It's sad, but then again it's whats needed to keep the market alive for CPC. I say do what they have too! nn.advertising.com is still the leading provider for CPC in my opinion.

As for Lead programs. Well I haven't noticed anything wrong. I also don't think that the ad networks would shave any production in lead programs. If something was fishy, I would be looking at the merchant before the ad network. I hope this helps.

JP Sauve
08-08-2001, 12:02 PM
I've also experience some offers available to a few different networks which showed inconsistent conversion rates.

In most cases I've found OnResponse to have the best conversion. I'll bite my tongue about the worst.

clay
08-08-2001, 08:06 PM
I can assure you that we don't "shave" any clicks at i-clicks.net. We pay for every unique click per banner.

Did any of these companies you are talking about provide you any information as to why they shave your clicks?

Lil_Red
08-08-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by clay
I can assure you that we don't "shave" any clicks at i-clicks.net. We pay for every unique click per banner.

Did any of these companies you are talking about provide you any information as to why they shave your clicks?

Since you're posting here, I have a question. I have sent a few email queries to I-clicks regarding ad campaigns and such and have never received any replies to my questions. I'm sure this is probably just an email problem you may want to investigate.

clay
08-08-2001, 08:58 PM
hmmm I will look into it. I am currently in the process of moving the site to a much faster server, so perhaps it will work the problem out on it's own(would be nice anyway).

You can also email me at itzclay2@bellsouth.net and I can answer any questions you may have.

Lil_Red
08-08-2001, 09:13 PM
Thx, I'll try to find the questions and resend them.

Click Here!