PDA

View Full Version : Callwave on Reporting.net

yevlesh
08-07-2001, 04:58 PM
Does anyone participate in CallWave's program through Reporting.net ?

What kind of conversion ratios are you getting? Do they pay?

ezclan
08-07-2001, 09:12 PM
if you are worried, signup for callwave through fineclicks.com

they offer $1.25 per download.

jwilliams
08-07-2001, 09:23 PM
In 1.5 days I got 750 clicks on their banner with 0% conversion ratio. Meaning that I haven`t recieved not one free download.

Lil_Red
08-07-2001, 09:59 PM
I used them back in February and they paid. I tried them again in April and had zero conversions so I haven't bothered since then.

FreeFun
08-08-2001, 12:27 AM
Last month I had a 4% conversion using a text link on a pop-behind. I have been making money with callwave through reporting.net for quite a while.

Jan
08-08-2001, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by ezclan
if you are worried, signup for callwave through fineclicks.com

they offer $1.25 per download.

I knew I had run that program somewhere, so checked fineclicks, that was one of many I cancelled for lack of activity. (I can't access the stats of cancelled ones to give an indication of the extremely low CTR)

Yet, yesterday, I had an email from fineclicks saying it was a new program??????

As a matter of interest - can you reactivate cancelled programs? There doesn't seem to be that option.

yevlesh
08-08-2001, 09:35 AM
What kinds of conversion ratios do you get through both FineClicks and Reporting.net ?

ezclan
08-08-2001, 04:43 PM
Jan, currently when you remove a fineclicks offer, it is marked as stopped so that all the money and clicks you have earned from that offer are still in the system.

I will speak to Chet about deleteing the offer record once the money is accrued so that you can signup again.

The Call Wave offer email sent out the other day denotes a BOUNTY on Call Wave downloads in August.

jemma
08-08-2001, 04:43 PM
I started using Callwave when they were with CJ ($1/download), and had good earnings with them. When they moved to reporting.net there was a slight drop-off in earnings, but it could've been due to things like different traffic patterns to our website (or reporting.net's reportedly bad accounting ;)).

Not too long after they switched to reporting.net, they sent affiliates a message that they were changing the Callwave registration process for website visitors. They said since this might decrease our clicks converting to downloads, they were increasing payouts to $1.50/download. They didn't say what the registration change was.

Several of us (affiliates) noticed that while we were still getting lots of downloads, very few of them were credited in our affiliate earnings. We wrote individually to ask about the discrepancies, and the first thing Callwave did was to eliminate that downloads stat from the Reports area. The second thing they did was.... well, there was no 2nd thing, because they never wrote back.

I can't say for sure, but it appears that downloads themselves are not being counted (again, that stat no longer visible). Instead, it seems that in order to convert a click, someone must download and install & activate the service.

Since we had plenty of downloads, I began to wonder why people who'd downloaded the software weren't activating what they'd apparently felt was a useful program. As I understand it, the Callwave service works when your phone line is busy: The caller receiving a busy signal is redirected to a Callwave phone line, where they can leave a voice message. The Callwave software notifies you, and you can listen to the message online.

However, what I later discovered, and what's not made clear from the outset, is that in order to use Callwave, you must pay your local phone service a small monthly fee (to re-direct the calls). I imagine Callwave was experiencing a significant loss of interest when people reached the "pay someone" point in the sign-up process (especially if they were expecting something for free).

I don't fault Callwave for their change in crediting conversions - it doesn't make sense for a business to pay for downloads that don't generate income. I don't think much of their poor communication with affiliates about this change, and still don't know for sure what their official conversion policy is - maybe someone who's signed up more recently knows.

I still have some Callwave ads up, but will probably pull them if things don't pick up in the fall (when my traffic should pick up again). Last month I had 3 credited downloads (at that rate it would take me 5 months to reach their minimum :(). Callwave hasn't been a big money-maker, but in the past when we've had reasonable traffic, it's done well enough to keep.

In their favor, they do answer account/check questions quickly, are pleasant, and pay promptly.

Jemma :)

(BTW, I believe Callwave is only available to USA residents, so if you get significant international traffic, that would affect your conversion rate as well)

yevlesh
08-09-2001, 05:07 AM
How often do Fine Clicks update their CallWave stats? I posted the ad yesterday morning, and even though I had 150 highly targetted clicks and Fine Clicks site says that the stats are updated daily, I still have 0 sign-ups.

Chet, what time do you usually update the stats?

Chet
08-09-2001, 06:34 AM
Callwave stats for yesterday were already updated today. They are usually update by 9 a.m. for the previous days leads.

Click Here!