PDA

View Full Version : Gator counter sues website!

LastActionHero
11-14-2002, 12:00 AM
The Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/23/28027.html) is reporting that Gator has counter sued a website which has originally sued Gator for putting up ads on it's website without permission.

Now the hilarious part, Gators logic is that it's the consumers choice what they see on the website not the website owners choice. So according to Gators logic since the consumer choose to install Gator it is the consumers choice so it wins! It says website owner cannot decided what to show and what not to show as this will spoil the online experience :D

Mods: I think I should have posted this in the Stopscum forum but somehow I thought since it concerned money making in general I should put it in this forum. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Strider
11-14-2002, 01:03 AM
Unfortunatly, Gator may be right as far as the law is concerned. I can't find the original article on it and I hope it get's overturned soon but way back when, the courts decided that it was the visitors experience and choices that mattered when it came to visiting a web site and not a webmasters.

I wish I could find that article, it read as if it was from a group of people that didn't understand the web, which was probably the case.

Click Here!