PDA

View Full Version : Am I an Addict?

wly
11-27-2001, 05:29 AM
I log in to the net at least twice a day! Early morning, I do almost 30 minutes then early evening I log about another 1-1/2 hrs. I check Geekvillage, Sitepoint, and other forums at least twice a day. Sometimes I feel I can't say no! When I say to myself that I won't login this morning, I would later find myself in Geekvillage ;) Anyway am I an addict? I am not taking legal weeds from CJ but... am I an addict?

Jan
11-27-2001, 05:33 AM
:o I recently made geek/talk my home page

BUT I AM NOT ADDICTED :p

dezevo
11-28-2001, 12:15 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

If you think you're an addict, then I'm not even sure what I am. :eek:
I'm online at least 5 hours a day, sometimes 12 hours in a row! Then again, its all for business, but yeah, you're probably an addict. :D :)

:lurk:

:snowman:

Hehe, I love these smileys, :typing: and yep, that's me every day
I also haven't gone as far as making this my homepage, lol :)

singloon
11-28-2001, 02:49 AM
well i'm 100% net addicted... look at it this way the only time i'm not online is when i'm sleeping and i only get 3 - 8 hrs sleep per day :)

doesn't help when develop my own anime/film sites + i admin my own forum + moderate at 2 other forums + hosting biz + learning php/mysql and recently starting regular paid contract support/sales work for the same place i moderate at :D

All of it fits nicely with each other making it my ideal situation - well besides having 48 hr days :rolleyes:

Scuba
11-28-2001, 05:15 AM
You are not even close to being an addict. :rolleyes:
I am at least 12H a day on the internet with probably over 18 and known to do a 36H to 48H runs without sleep.
I use 3 computers with a KVM switch and working on all of them at the same time :angel:

I am like this for over two years now :cool:

Hope
11-28-2001, 09:39 AM
You are not addicted.

Log onto the internet a 6 am. First thing I do is check the 8 forums I read. Then I check email. Then I go back and check the forums because someone could have posted while I was looking at my mail. I am online all day working on search engine rankings and stuff. At least once an hour I check the forums. I leave work at 3 pm. Get home at 4 pm and am online until 10 pm checking the forums every hour, because there may be something I missed.

I think I need some help or at least 9 computers set to refresh the page every 2 minutes so I don't miss something. ;)

singloon
11-28-2001, 11:23 AM
why i am not surprise.. this is geekvillage.com after all :D

Rhea
11-28-2001, 02:31 PM
And you decided to ask us because you thought we could be objective?

(mmmppphhhh!)

Silly boy!

moonbaseone
11-29-2001, 11:49 AM
Well, the first thing I do when I get to my desk at work is go online and check my hitcounter. Then I surf alittle, check my ebay auctions, go to AMAZON.com, check the boards and see who has replied to my posts, check out new posts, etc...

Then I do the same thing AS SOON AS I get home. I use to surf and chat till the wee hours, but I don't anymore.

Also, I spend most of my time thinking of what I can do to improve my site.

But, my PC just went out and I dropped it off for service which will take maybe 4 - 5 days I guess. So, it's "weird" when I get home and can't log-on. But, I check my email through my cellphone.

But, I wouldn't say I'm an addict...............

tigress
12-04-2001, 07:46 AM
I'm an addict, I think. As soon as I wake up and do my morning rituals and work out I come straight online and end up getting offline at about 6am and going to bed... I, of course, eat while I'm online. That's pretty pathetic.

dezevo
12-04-2001, 03:48 PM
"I, of course, eat while I'm online."

LOL! Join the club. :D

Koj-Gysto
12-04-2001, 04:42 PM
When I get my flat rate ADSL connection in about a month or so I'll probably be like most of you... Now I'm just going online for 10-15 minutes 5 times and one longer period too...

Click Here!