PDA

View Full Version : My Grand Geeklet

Jan
11-07-2001, 06:32 AM
My cute little granddaughter loves to watch this little dude :wave:

She will sit on my lap and smile and wave back to him/her :)

Today I saw her when I was out and she tried to bend and wave like the :wave:

(well I thought it was cute! - gonna get her to join geekvillage soon. You should see the weird menus she can bring up when she plays with the keyboard!)

singloon
11-07-2001, 09:06 AM
that's sooo cute :D

Czar
11-07-2001, 09:53 AM
lol.

We'll have to setup Geek/Kindy where our kiddies/grandkiddies/lil' siblings can all hang out and wave to one another from all corners of the world.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

This action would probably be great for toning those abs, too - not that grandkiddies need to worry about such trivial things. ;)

OC
11-07-2001, 11:28 AM
:wave: Adorable!!!!! Too cute.

(well I thought it was cute! - gonna get her to join geekvillage soon. You should see the weird menus she can bring up when she plays with the keyboard!)She could do the our work in those "find the surprise new feature hunts" Steve so loves. :D

Rhea
11-07-2001, 07:43 PM
Aww...that little blob person is pretty adorable. Possibly the only graphic around here that could beat my flying piggie in a 'cute contest'. :)

How old is the grandbabe, Jan? Has she seen the bouncing smiley (it's not on GV for some reason)? I bet that smiley would make her laugh (heck...it makes me laugh).

Jan
11-07-2001, 08:42 PM
Wow, she is going to love this page! Especially Czar's row of smileys! She won't know which one to wave to :)

Rhea I am sure she will just love your piggy! She is 22 months old. I have shown her a few smiley lists including the bouncing ball, but her attention seems to always revert back to :wave:

Rhea
11-07-2001, 10:37 PM
Jan would you petition Steve to include the bouncy smiley in the smilies menu? I have a copy of it. (hint, hint)

I went to an Xmas tree shop today where I saw a tree ornament of a rubber duckie. :ducky: For a mere US $22.00. lol! But it was a reproduction style ornament in glass and quite elegant...considering the subject matter!

:wave: :wave: :wave: Hi grandbaby! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Jan
11-07-2001, 10:48 PM
hahahaha, the rubber ducky is sneaking in everywhere!

If you decide to buy it, don't squeeze it too hard :D

LastActionHero
11-08-2001, 12:02 AM
Hello cutie :wave:

Be good to momma :)

qball0213
11-08-2001, 09:45 AM
My little girls does the same thing, I was logged in at fineclicks one day and I noticed her tilting her head and waving at the monitor, hehe

Robert from SI
11-08-2001, 10:22 AM
Ha!

Does anyone have kids that watch the cartoon "Doug?"

One day I saw my kids waving with one arm, and then the other, and then leaning over and switching arms and such.

Then I realized they were waving back to Doug during the closing credits.

qball0213
11-08-2001, 10:45 AM
Kids are great, the other day on movie night we rented shrek and my little three year old girl cried like she lost her best friend when shrek overheard the princess and the donkey talking about her secret. Don't tell anybody, but I almost teared up watching her :crying:

Jan
11-09-2001, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by qball0213
My little girls does the same thing, I was logged in at fineclicks one day and I noticed her tilting her head and waving at the monitor, hehe
That's where my geeklet first fell for :wave:

Oh and she LOVES this thread. Even reasonably impressed with Rhea's piggy ;)

Her Mum has it bookmarked for her.

Robert I am not familiar with "Doug", but I guess he is an ambidexterous :wave:?

Rhea
11-09-2001, 07:11 AM
Hey Jan, glad to hear the grandbaby was 'reasonably impressed' with my flying piggie.

I made a dancing page a while back specifically for toddlers, but not having any toddlers around I have no idea if they react to it in a positive way. It's called bubbledoods and is at http://yuckles.com/bubbledoods.htm.

I'd be curious to know if the grandkidlet likes it. But...if she's ever had a bad reaction to clowns...don't show it to her. (Little kids can have very odd reactions to caricatures of the human face, apparently.)

:wave: :wave: :wave: DOING THE WAVE :wave: :wave: :wave:

[EDIT: Reminder: Never try to post to GV before you've put your contact lenses in.]

Jan
11-09-2001, 07:28 AM
Rhea I am sure she will like that, but take the . off the URL, the geeklet's Mum may not figure that out :D

Kathy
11-09-2001, 07:50 AM
Hello to Jan's Grand-geek-kidlet :wave:

As for Steve's smiley list, he has some good ones...but there are a few I miss. Like
:lol:

and

:bounce:

:D

Steve's games of "find the new features" reminds me of "where's waldo". Ya know? Waldo doesn't hide in the trees or the caves....he hides in the midst of piles of other people, casts of thousands.....

Kinda like the features that VBulletin offers. (I'm a vbulletin fan)

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:<---doing the wave

Jan
11-10-2001, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Rhea
I made a dancing page a while back specifically for toddlers, but not having any toddlers around I have no idea if they react to it in a positive way. It's called bubbledoods and is at http://yuckles.com/bubbledoods.htm.

That got some smiles :) I will email you a pic of her smile...she is so cute!

Click Here!