PDA

View Full Version : Winning the Scumware War..Documantation and Collaboration

harry
08-25-2001, 02:57 AM
Hi Folks!

We are gonna continue fighting back on those who are ripping us off of our traffic and revenues and defacing our sites. And we shall win this war. When all this comes to an end the sumware vendors and the advertisers cooperating with them shall be defeated. And we shall be here celebrating that. This grassroots revolution shall emerge victorious.

But to win this war, we need to be wise, fair and ethical in our fight. We don't want to be as our enemy with no moral and no ethics.

To win this war, we need to bring to our side decent advertisers and affiliate program networks. We need to work together with these people.

- First, lets bring to their attention, with documentation, the unethical methods and procedures used by scumware and related technologies. And this has already be done on several forums, ezines, mailing lists and by direct approach.

- Second, lets give them the benefit of the doubt and give them time to add to their agreements, a term against using scumware and related technologies.
Advertisers and affiliate program networks are involved in long-term contracts and they can't break those contracts instantly. We understand that for sure.
However, we need to see them issuing and publishing messages of their intent to stop using or accepting scumware and related technologies in future.

- Third, lets make it very clear to those who intend to continue defacing our sites and stealing our traffic and revenues, that we are going to add their names and details to a public list on as many sites, ezines and mailing lists as possible.
This shall be part of our legitimate effort to bring much needed information and awareness to the public. And hereby you have been warned!

All the best,

Harith
http://www.danex-exm.dk

Steve_S
08-25-2001, 02:51 PM
Good stuff Harry :)

I hope it's OK if I restate this issue another way.

Webmasters/Publishers must join forces with Merchants and this includes the largest properties on the web. No single Webmaster Community can defeat this issue. No group of Webmaster Communities can defeat this issue. No single group of webmasters, writers, coders, designers, IT folks, and more can defeat this issue.

It will take a colabrative effort of all parties to defeat the hijackers. As long as we are all on the same page and moving in the same direction in an ethical and legal manner, that's all that matters to me. I'm hopefull and optamistic that this will occur.

If it doesen't, I guarantee that none of "us" will be around to smell the roses. :)

harry
08-26-2001, 04:09 AM
Hi Steve,

Well said!

You are absolutely right. For this effort to succeed, all involved parties need to work together and on the same team.

All the best,

Harith

Mousejockey
08-26-2001, 10:14 PM
Well said!

We've all been doing our bit with some success in the form of growing awareness but if we combined we would be able to leverage enormous power.

Click Here!